A week ago I posted how I felt overwhelmed with all the negative in the world. I came up with a quick list of ways I could combat that. One of the ways was to create a blog post with a list of all the great things going on in my life right now.
So here is my list:
- Vegas in just a week
- Celebrating our 22nd anniversary on the 16th
- Classes and testing for promotion stuff landed perfectly with our schedules
- Our youngest is graduating
- Our oldest is stationed for wildland season at the station she wanted
- Oldest made honor roll
- I was hired on as an assistant track coach (last year I volunteered)
- Our amazing track team is on course to end this season even MORE amazing
- I'm sleeping so well!
- Communication has been great
- We're finishing up projects around the house. House goes on the market in June!
- We're full of things we're talking about doing next year with no school schedule to work around
- The boy has been healthy and we get to see him run track this year
- All of us are getting along well when the oldest comes home. Hard to ask for more than that
I'm sure I could come up with more, BUT I'm sure you've read enough.
Last week when I was really getting down over all the negative, I did reach out to my support system. See, I talk to a lot of wives behind the scenes and at times, it gets to be overwhelming. Most people aren't reaching out when they are at high points in their lives. I LOVE being a shoulder to cry on or an ear to bounce things with. But it had taken a toll.
Just as I had created this post and then told my support system of wives I was at a breaking point, I got 2 messages. One from a firewife that found out her biopsy was benign and the other from a wife that had taken a giant leap and went to counseling with her ff. Getting those 2 messages was enough to perk me back up again. But I'm still going to work through the list I made last week. It's always good to balance.
Have you created a list lately of all the positives going on in your life? Write them below in a comment. Let's share the good stuff!
Leave a Reply